Thursday, March 15, 2012

Strawberry feast at the end of Winter


Don't you love strawberries? I know it's a bit weird to eat them at the end of winter, even if today feels like spring here... but I bought a few kilos for my shop last week and they just smelled so nice. They are of course still a bit hard but mixed with fresh juice or in a dessert preparation, they are more than ok.





Here's a yummy juice with apple pineapple and strawberry.  Another lovely combination is fresh apple & pear juice blended with mint and strawberries mmm!



My loved one also used some of the strawberries to make us a delicious strawberry cheesecake last week. Again a hummingbird recipe. We tend to diminish the sugar quantities in every recipe, because we don't like it to be too sweet, and we always use organic cane sugar, which also diminishes the sugar feel and is more healthy, right?

Gotta go, feel like making myself a huge fresh strawberry smoothie right now, appel kiwi strawberry!

1 comment: